Friday, October 2, 2009

Play food

One of the cool things about having kids - apart from the obvious, how cute is this boy?



Anyway, as I was saying. One of the many cool things about having kids is that you have a legitimate reason for having toys, looking at toys and most importantly, playing with these toys.

As I already mentioned I am quite fascinated by play food. Maybe "quite fascinated" is a slight understatement, but let's not get into that right now. So of course I already tried to make some play food.

I didn't really know what to do with it at the time, so it just ended in a box waiting for better days. But I am hoping the little one will soon be ready for it.

Meatballs with tomato sauce with pasta.



The meatballs are needlefelted, while I made the pasta out of white felt, pinking shears, needle, and thread.

He is a little interested ... although mostly in grabbing the meatballs and throwing them behind the couch. Maybe I'll wait a little longer before he gets to play with it.



Tomato. Needlefelted. I love needlefelting. You can make anything with it. Amazing what you can do with a sharp, barbed needle and some wool.



Petit fours. I think they are so cute - is it wrong to love something you made yourself?







Somehow I have this picture in my mind of a little girl having a tea party for her teddy bears with these lovelies on a small tray. Someone please have a little girl soon!

Cherry! I love them. They are tasty, rumour has it they are healthy, and they seem like such a happy little fruit. What's not to love?



A little felted carrot is also under construction. It is ... you're never going to guess this ... needlefelted.

Yes, it is an addiction. I am seeking help.

No comments: