Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cookies galore

This year for Christmas our family will get a pretty unusual gift. Our little baby boy is due to be born around Christmas. And even though being pregnant and creating a little boy feels like plenty for me, I have a feeling people still want christmas gifts this year.

And so, to avoid the better half, the little one, me and the big belly having to fight the crowds for gifts this December, I have decided two things: If you can get it online, it is a good gift, and all my gifts will be bought way before the month of December have even thought about beginning. That way I can enjoy the month of December laying in my couch with my feet up, while the mailman carries up all our christmas gifts to the 5th floor where we live ... no lift, thank you very much.

In keeping with my decisions, I have already ordered the first gift. Monday afternoon it arrived, and let me tell you I am in love. I think it is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.

To understand my excitement a little more I guess it helps to know, that I have a great love for play food. I think it is one of the most amazing things in the world. My dream for the little one is a little wooden play kitchen, miniature pots and pans and overflowing with play food made in fabric and wood. See, that is what happiness is in my world.

When my better half and me saw these lovelies on etsy, I nearly passed out:



How cute is that? It is crocheted chocolate chip cookies.

I got me a nice little selection of cookies; some oreos, some chocolate chip cookies, and oatmeal cream pies. Erhmm, when I say me, I actually mean that it is for the little one. It is part of his christmas gift.

All the cookies were wrapped in little cellophane bags with a little ribbon tied around it.



Chocolate chip cookies



Oreos



Because it is a gift I didn't want to unpack the cookies completely. That is, I really didn't mean to, but I just had to see how it looked and felt in real life. I hope the little one will understand.



In the evening we had our weekly craft night. I absolutely forgot to take any sort of picture, but let me just assure you that we had a great time.

My sister worked on a quiet book for the little one, which will probably be one of the funkiest things he is ever going to get, my little sow-elves repaired all my clothes (they did - my list of things to repair is completely crossed out. Pure happiness) and I continued working on the felt mobile for the little one.

This is how far me and the 21 (and counting) felt balls have come:



And I am still excited about it. I like the colors, I love the material and it is going to look trendy and fun, but you know what I can't help but think about? A mobile made out of those chocolate chip cookies? It would be cool, I'm just saying ...

2 comments:

CourtneyKeb said...

I love those cookies! They're precious!!!
and that mobile looks like it's going to be AWESOME!

NancyG said...

Thank you so much for including our little cookies in your blog. We are so glad you love them as much as we do! :)