Thursday, September 3, 2009

How lucky can one girl be?


My sister

Yesterday evening as I walked through the door to our appartment I passed through a newly painted room with a beautiful wooden floor. The room was completely empty and as I walked in I could hear the slight echo of my footsteps.

I had just been to a teory class and as I walked home I called a super friend I haden't talked to for a long time. I was enjoying every moment of the conversation and I was very caught up in it. But as I passed through the door and stood in this white room, one thought came to me. How lucky I am to have such a wonderful sister.

Today as we put on panels and made everything ready so the little one can move in, I thought the same thing over and over again. How lucky I am to have such a wonderful sister.

Not only did she get out of bed early Saturday morning to come help put the floor on. She also returned Monday after work for the finishing touches on the floor. As we were admiring the finished floor, I commented on how nice it would look if we also painted the walls. My sister promtly replied that she was a little busy this week, but she would love to do it, since I, the pregnant lady really isn't supposed to paint.

Yesterday, two days later, she came over after work to babysit the little one while I was at my theory class. My morning babysitter was still there and as she put the little one to bed, I got ready to leave, and my sister changed into her work clothes and got to work with paint and brush.

Oh, and today she came by for an hour before she had another appointment in town, and she helped me put up this big wall sticker on the door.



Tomorrow we will move the little ones bed into his new room, thanks to my amazing sister.

Oh, and did I mention that she also figured out a perfect way for us to place the furniture so there is more light and air out in his room?

She is like the fairy goodmother of DIY and interior design.

1 comment:

emma said...

You do have a lovely sister.