Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Food in the sunshine

I made soup a few days ago. The sun was shining through the windows, making everything seem more alive, more yummy and more fun. I think the sun should shine through my window everytime I cook. It is more interesting that way.

The little one was enjoying his midday nap and so I was completely alone. The silence is such a lovely thing. I grabbed my camera and made sure this lovely sunny day would not be forgotten.





The soup was lovely. I am sure you could taste a little bit of the sunshine in it!
I'll post the recipe later. The little one and me ate till our stomachs were nice and full. Because I had gotten a little carried away while I made the soup we repeated that process twice more, once with my sister joining us and once with the better half there too.

Yesterday I made soup again. The little one has a cold and a nice creamy vegetable soup seemed like the right remedy for it. It wasn't. The little one was not impressed and left the table after having eaten 2 spoonfulls.

You know what, I blame the lack of sunshine yesterday!

No comments: