Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Hoisin sauce

We are super fortunate to live in an area with a lot of ethnic restaurants. We have enjoyed a wide range of different cuisines, but it seems that we always returns to our local thai restaurant. Their food is always fresh, tasty and is served 5 minutes after you've ordered. What is not to love?

One of my facorites there is their springrolls with hoisin sauce. I could eat that stuff with a spoon. Actually I am pretty sure that I have eaten it with a spoon!

It just never occured to me that it was actually something I could buy myself and eat all day long, just me and my spoon. Fortunately, a few days ago I saw a cooking program online where the cook was making thai food, and she showed a tub of this delicious sauce. Heaven on earth!

And so ...



this is standing in my fridge right now!

And I used it to make these raw rolls with shrimp and fresh vegetables. They are super easy, taste divine and are even healthy! Life is soo good!

No comments: