Friday, September 4, 2009

The little ones new room

As mentioned earlier - once or twice - we have been working on making a new room for the little one.

My amazing sister and I put down a new floor. This is my sister in her work-skirt.



Afterwards the walls were painted. Well, I was away during the painting part so all you got here is the "completely ready for painting"-picture.



Then we cleaned up! As you can tell, the little one was very eager to help me. Naturally it also helped that the vacuum cleaner is currently one of his favorite toys. I just need to figure out how to actually make him vacuum and not just play.



Afterwards we tested how the bed felt in there. The little one approved!



And finally we moved everything in and decorations came up. Here you see me putting up wall stickers.



Lo and behold, the little ones room.



These flowers took quite some negotiations with my better half. The idea of the little one having "girly" flowers in his room was too much for him and his normally very tolerant self. I finally sold the idea due to the fact that it wasn't girly flowers but cool retro-flowers. I am not sure why that was a convincing argument, but we ended up getting them, and I have to admit that I am totally in love with them now. From Ikea.
In the back we put up the little ones nametag and one of his little blue chairs. These were originally made by my uncle for my siblings and I, and I love both the look of them, my memories of them, and the idea that my uncle made them for us.



To make the little one feel safe and secure we also put up the little sheep that had been watching over him in his old room. They look so cartoony and goofy that they always make me smile, and the little one is very fascinated by them. And if he can't fall asleep, I guess he can always count them ...



The little ones teddybear Bill also moved in. I made him more than a year ago when I saw how the little one liked to lay up against a blanket or something like it. So I needed something pretty flat that curved nicely up against him and so Bill was born. He wasn't an instant hit, but the little one now normally falls asleep with his head up against Bill.



And finally the measuring chart from Panduro. He has a separate playcorner in the livingroom with all his toys, so we decided from the start not to use toys for decorations here in his bedroom. But we needed something to liven up the white walls. The wall stickers turned out really well for us.

We still need to make it completely homey and get up a few more things here and there, but the little one feels at home.

Now I just have to get used to him not being in my bedroom anymore. I am excited - And I really miss him!