Sunday, September 20, 2009

A playhouse

Recently the little one and I made a playhouse under our dining table. With the use of several blankets and duvets we made it nice and cosy.

The little one brought some of his toys and played in his little playhouse. He also got a kick out of crawling in and out of the playhouse.



We also sat up some bikelights because it was pretty dark in there. Here you see the little one putting up the light - notice the look of pure concentration on his face.



We had a great time playing in there and I felt pretty good about my creativity in building a little playhouse that provided so much entertainment for us. Later, however, I saw this website on etsy. Oh dear! Talk about creativity.

I am so in love with her playhouses and I can fully imagine the little one playing in here among all the sweet little animals





Or maybe decorating a cake from this bakery. *Sigh* I am so in love!





So many good ideas for hours of play. Just see what the lovely creator tells about this playhouse:

"This playhouse is extra, extra special because it comes with FORTY removable/replaceable pieces! All of the sweets can be moved around, and the decorations on the cake can be changed, too! There are even three cupcakes that can be "decorated"! You can even remove the teapot and teacups and pour your guests a cup of tea! And, as always, there are 4 special letters to put in the mailbox, and a cute little watering can for watering the flowers in the window box. The window has a sparkly striped awning, and the tables have sparkly "marble" tops. The fancy chalkboard lists the daily specials under the name of your Cupcakery! This is not your average bakery!" - I'll say!

Go look at that website. You'll feel like a child again, a happy content child ... I am even wanting a bakery playhouse myself. I think it would fit nicely over my worktable. Hmmm!

No comments: