Thursday, September 10, 2009

I've still got it

This weekend I called my friend at 7.30 am. I was wide awake, the little one was running around in circles, pausing every once in a while to try to get the phone from me. I knew my friend would be in a pretty similar situation, wide awake and little people running around in circles. And right I was.

One of the first thing I ever did with this friend was to spend a week in Beijing, China. I actually think all friendships should start with a trip to China! Since then we have travelled quite a few countries together, experienced a lot of strange things and made many good memories.

Time has passed. Now we celebrate birthdays in childfriendly cafes, call each other at 7.30 am on a Saturday not worrying that we'll wake each other up and we discuss child raising strategies, potty training, and how to teach children tablemanners. I feel old now.

But you know what? Deep down inside behind the breadbaking, diaperchanging and mommy-ness I am still cool, still living a little bit on the edge. And I even have proof. See what I have.



I've got pirate toiletpaper. That's right, baby! That is toiletpaper with sculls on. You just can't fake that kind of coolness.

I've still got it.

1 comment:

The Evensens said...

Oh yes baby! You've still got it! To cool!