Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sweet holly decorations


These here are the usual suspects. Well, at least for these holly decorations.

We got our green and off-white felt, textile glue, templates for leaves and a cup to use as template too. Am I the only one who does that? Then we got needle, our embrodery thread in red and some ordinary white sowing thread, some filling and finally red glittery balls.

Where would we be without red glittery balls? The world is a better place because of them, that is for sure.

And we use all these lovlies to make these:


Holly decorations!

Again, they are super simple to make which is almost my favorite part. I started by glueing two pieces of the green felt to make a extra thick piece from where I could cut my holly leaves. While the glue dried, I cut out two round pieces of the off-white felt.

On the one side I stitched a line with red thread all the way across. I then sowed the two sides together with some white thread. I started next to where the string would be and worked my way around the circle, making sure I would end by stitching the string and leaves on.

When I had sown 3/4 of the circle together, I then added the filling and finished by adding a piece of string to hang it in. I got out my green felt and cut two holly leaves which I also sowed onto the ball. Almost finished!

I finally took one of the red glittery balls, cut it in half and glued the two sides onto the felt leaves, using textile glue. Voila! Finished project!

I am so excited about the result : ) I just love crafting.

Have a happy, happy weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hej Lene
Nathalie siger dette er en fantastisk blog, og hun har da så evig ret. Jeg kommenterer på dansk, også selv om at både du og Nathalie skriver Jeres blog på engelsk.
Dejlige kugler du har fået lavet der.
Har du altid arbejdet med filt, eller er det et materiale du lige er blevet grebet af?

Lone

Lene said...

Hej Lone.
Mange tak for komplimenterne : ) Jeg har først for nyligt set lyset med hensyn til filt, men det er jo så dejligt nemt at bruge, så jeg tror godt, at det kan blive en lang kærlighedsaffære!
Lene