Sunday, December 6, 2009

I love christmas, I really do!

Along with the homemade decorations, I also added a few new things to the collection of christmas decoration. We try not to have Santas, elfs and so forth as part of our christmas decoration, seeing as how they really have nothing to do with christmas. We're celebrating the birth of Christ, remember.

How I then justify filling my house with pine branches, glass baubles and candles and so much more is another story : ) For me that is more a celebration of nature, of the season and creating a warm and inviting asmosphere at home. In our church we believe that one of the most holy places on earth is - or at least - can be the home. So I am trying my best to make our home holy and inviting.

Are you still with me? Hmm, if nothing else, then I just like the look of it. That must be reason enough.

First, here are this years new additions to the ever-growing collection:

It is a wreath, but it is heart shaped, made out of small branches. I love it. I got it at a store called Notre Dame, where they have some fantastic things.



At Notre Dame I also got some metal hearts. I attached some thin metalwire with leafs on the heart and added a gold star to the top. I love the little bell at the end of the star. Not sure why, just think it is so cute. It was super simple to do, took me about 5 minutes and didn't cost very much. They are now hanging in each of my windows in the living room. I had some bad lighting on that picture, but hopefully you will trust me, when I say they look super.



And finally I got two stars covered in tiny little glittery beads. They sparkle a little bit and they look so amazing. This picture definitly doesn't do them justice.



nd finally, at our last crafting night at my house I made this wreath, and it is huge. I was planning on a more streamlined look, but now that is hanging there I find myself liking the little chaotic look of the branches poking out here and there. Inside I put three glittery gold stars. I love stars. I think they look amazing, simple and yet they are a powerful symbol.



Okay, next post will be the last of our christmas decoration ... yes, there is more. But only a tiny bit!

I hope everyone is having a great time making things for themselves, the house or loved ones. I know that I am.

Hope you had a GREAT weekend!

No comments: