Friday, December 4, 2009

Christmas, christmas, christmas

In Denmark we have a tradition for making christmas pine centerpieces with candles, pine cones, baubles and so forth.

In my childhood home the whole family gathered around and made those one of the days in the beginning of December. My sister and my mother created some amazing things out of clay, ribbon, brances, and things found in nature. Me - not so much!

I am not getting much better, but I actually like it anyway. Mine are simple - because I am not cabable of anything beyond that. But I love the natural decorations and the smell of the pine in the house. It smells soo, soo good!






See, simple, simple stuff. In some cases I am not even bothered with the clay. Who needs that anyway!

And out Advent wreath, which is technically not a wreath, but that is none the less the name, so I will stick to that!


This is a Northeuropean tradition. The wreath always have four candles, and we light one each of the four Sundays before christmas. As you can tell, we already lighted ours last Sunday since that was the first advent (or first of the four Sundays).

And finally, what to do with all the left-over branches? Chok your better half and make a massive decoration for your new, big, table! His argument is: Just because you have a big basket and a lot of pine left doesn't mean that you make a massive decoration. My argument is as follows: That is exactly what it means!

No comments: