Friday, December 11, 2009

Felt garland

Lately I have had a crazy felt-feast of some sort, and it seems that the idea of making anything using any other materials is impossible.

I even put "felt" on my christmas wish list.

But why not, when you can make funky, colourful, things like this:





I remember making these out of colored paper strips when I was a child, but they didn't keep that well. When you got them out the following year, they were headed straight for the bin. But these babies are going to keep year after year!

They are, like their paper-friends, super easy to make.

I cut out strips in different colors (approximately 15 x 2,5 cm - 6 x 1 inch) and glued the first strip together at the one end using textile glue. I then glued the next strip together, making it interlink with the circle I created with the first strip. Because I wanted a little extra color I also added fun, colored buttons to each circle. I sowed those on where I had glued the strips together.

I am quite satisfied with the result. I like that it is traditional, but in a new version.

Anyway, tomorrow there will be more felt ornaments. These ones are my new favorites! HURRAY FOR FELT!

No comments: