Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Getting to know my new baby

While I was on vacation I expanded my mind, my horizons, my world. In other words I learned about shutter speed. A very fascinating thing. I am so intrigued by how you can capture motion and it seems almost dreamlike.

One of the evenings the better half and I went to the beach for a night swim (for him, always for him) I brought the camera wih me determined to try out a few things.

I used the [S] setting on my camera where I can choose the shutterspeed and the camera then does the aperture. I like that. I know I can't mess it up too bad. I tried a few different times, ranging from 0.5 seconds to 3 using a big stone as a tripod. Standing completely still for 3 seconds is harder than it sounds!



The shutter speed on this one is between 2.5 and 3 seconds and I like how the waves get blurry and the water splashing up against the stones almost seem fog-like. It makes it a little more fairytale like for me.

Yes, I still love my camera!

1 comment: