Friday, December 5, 2008

Merry Christmas

On the 29th of November Mike and I started on the christmas decorating. We hung up a few things and made some simple decorations. We mainly used glass baubles and pine branches. Seeing as we are christians I like the decorations not to be focused on Santa Claus and elves. Instead we have a very simple nativity scene that I got at Woolworths a few years ago.


How can you resist these two guys?


I had bought different kinds of pine branches and for reasons unknown to me I also picked up a bouquet of small pink roses. They looked very cute, they were cheap and all, but why I decided to get them for our christmas decorations still puzzles me. Anyhow I decided to put them into a wreath together with some pine branches. I think the wreath would do wonders ... at a funeral.


I ended up hanging it on a cupboard in my crafting room. Cause after all I like the way it looks. It is just not right for christmas. Anyone going to a funeral soon?

These are some of the decorations we have around the house





My better half especially likes the decoration with the pinecones and glass baubles in the big glass vase. He thinks it is "Elle Decoration"-material. How can you not love him?

Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahh.. Christmas decorations.. I looove the 'greenhouse' I havn't finished getting my decorations up yet.. this week! love your gold theme!