Friday, December 5, 2008

Fabric Heaven

Far away from my little house lies the magic fabric heaven. That is where all the good little girls with sowing machines go when they die.

At least that is what it feels like when you go there - that you have died and gone to fabric heaven!

This week I loaded up the little one in his buggy, got my sister and the lovely Emma with me and took the train and the bus and ended up in fabric heaven. No, that is not the actual name of the store. It is my nickname for the store, but it very adequately describes the place!

I got loads of nice fabric - some to make a new (maybe even two) sleeping bag for the little guy, some for a funky dress for my friends daughter (She is two years old - should it worry me if I also want one for myself?), fabric for little cubes I want to make for Samuel for christmas, then some I just fell in love with because it was pink and soft to touch and so on and so on.

I am responsible for the christmas party at our church tomorrow, so I don't really have time to start working on any of the projects right now. However, tomorrow evening ... hmm! I have a date with my sowing machine. I did however use some of my new fabric to make little gifts for the babies at the party.

For now you can see a picture of some of the fabric I got.

3 comments:

Maggie May said...

it's so funny, i just clicked 'next blog' on my blog and came to yours- and you link to C Jane, who i read!

hi :)

Lene said...

Don't we all read her? I love her positive outlook and her humour! We need more like her

emma said...

Is it just me or do we still need to get mooore fabric? :I *sigh* yep, I'm itching to go back to fabric heaven already.