Sunday, January 10, 2010

My dream house


I just found this blog called Prinsesse Elin - I would honestly love the blog just for the name. I am really that simple. Anything princessy wins me over!

In the blog there are loads of pictures of the bloggers house and it is really my dream house. Everything is soft and cosy, in light colours and lots of sweet little details. I find myself thinking that I could easily live there.

But then I remember today, having guests over, the little one eating a cookie with chocolate, chocolate fingers which were soon all over the entire place. Doesn't work with a white couch!

And what would our house be without a huge Lego tower in the corner of the living room? Or little toy cars scattered all over the floor?

I like the relaxedness of our house, that we don't mind spots on the couch (it can be washed so I do not panic), that toys are often found in the craziest of places.

But the same second the kids are out of here, my house is going to look like this:


And my guests are going to dine at a table like this:


Yes, they will not eat, they will dine! Cause that would be the kind of house I have.

But the bubble bursts as I remember that most of the chocolate fingers in the couch are actually from me, that next to all the toys are piles of my creative things which aren't that decorative and since I don't like in beautiful snowcovered Norway, my guests might dine, but never with such a view.

But I can still dream about the house. You know, it is a dream house after all.

Now I will sit down with a glass of chai-the and enjoy the rest of the evening with my feet up. Just one on the many benefits of being highly pregnant!


All pictures are taken from the above mentioned blog.

No comments: