Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The little ones birthday ...

So my little one turns 1 soon. This is a big day for my better half and me. Now only are we excited as we are for all birthdays - honestly, I am as excited about birthdays now as I was when I was 5. Scarily excited! But it is also exciting because we managed to keep this little person alive. As we were leaving the hospital with our newborn baby I had my serious doubts.

Now he has figured out how to feed himself and he is an expert crawler so worst case scenario, he'll figure something out. After the little one has finished his dinner, he had a good share of my better halfs dinner (crawled up close to daddy and charmed his way to his sandwiches). Yeah, I am sure he'll be okay.

With my baby almost 1 year now, I worry less (I'll start again in a few years when he ventures out in the world on his own) and I enjoy my baby more and more. I am so loving having this little person in my life. I highly recommend those little people!

But anyway. Naturally I am planning for gifts for the little one and I have already purchased a pattern to make him this lovely stacking ring. Isn't it great?




While I was looking around for ideas for decorating the little ones playcorner I also found these two great ideas for a childrens room.



I really like the activity mat since it is so simple and lets the child use his own imagination.



Cool storage for all the paper a creative child need.

No comments: