Saturday, February 7, 2009

The birthday banner

The last few days I've been working on the birthday banner for the little ones birthday. Originally I had a very simple idea in mind. I was inspired by a artist from Etsy, who had made this:

I thought it looked cool, simple and it would be easy to make. I like all three things! And we could keep it for years and make it a part of the Brandt Family tradition.

I then showed it to the better half. He was clearly not as impressed as I was. He is not that fascinated by the idea of it being simple to make. So he suggested that I made individual letters and stuffed them giving it a nice 3D feel. Unfortunately he was right, as always when it comes to my little projects.

It took me longer than I had planned, but it always does! However, I am almost finished now. I only need to make the R. But do you think anyone will notice?

We are celebrating the little ones 1 year birthday tomorrow, so it better be finished then. I'll post pictures from the finished result later (as in - when I am finished). For now here are the pictures from the first steps.



Oh, and now when I am almost finished I received a catalogue from Fabric Heaven. And they have a pattern for some even cooler letters in real 3D, nicely stuffed and ahhhhh ... I want them. Although the birthday banner is not going to be changed, maybe I could make some letters for the little one spelling out his name. What would be a cool little project, and I am certain it would include less handstitching ...hopefully!

No comments: