Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A brand new me

This year I made them. The dreaded new years resolutions. I realized I haden't been running or doing any kind of sport since I was 10 weeks pregnant - and the little one is now 11 months. And the extra weight I gained after I stopped nursing him is still firmly attached to my body. So whether it was the arrival of the new year or just me facing facts I am not sure. But the result was a long list of goals.

The list included the typical: More exercise, eat healthier, read a good book a month (the term "good" is not really defined, but it definitly excludes anything with murders, gossip or Bridget Jones-like!) and use money wisely. On the list is also learning to cook 3 vegetarian dishes, make 3 new soups, make a decent batch of cupcakes (it doesn't fit in the healthy living, but I feel that it is an important lift skill that I ought to master!) and be more positive.

So in keeping with my new goals I put on my running shoes yesterday, got the little one dressed in loads of layers to keep warm, and invited the better half to join me on my trip. He was all excited. He loves running and runs quite often. Shall I add that he didn't change into running clothes, since we both knew that this was in no way going to make him sweat - not even a tiny, tiny drop. So the little one warm and cosy in the baby jogger, the better half in big winter jacket and hat and then me looking ready for action! I like to think that I looked something like this as I ran:


I didn't! Not even close to that.

We ran one lake, one little, itsy bitsy tiny lake - with breaks in between and as I came home and collapsed on the floor I could literally feel the room spinning. I had given it my all.

And that felt good. Really good.

And looking at my list of goals and seeing that I am actually making changes, doing better, becoming the super version of me, that is nice. Very nice

I think I like this goal-thing.

And I already know my goal for 2010: To look like the picture!

No comments: