Saturday, January 17, 2009

Being a mom

On Monday I start as a daycare mom. I guess that would make me double-mom. I think this mom-thing is a bit complicated at times, so the thought of being even more mom than I already am is a bit frightening.

I am still waiting for the magical book on mothering, but here is what I have figured out so far:

Moms have magical vision. In a dark room where you can barely make anything out and you are more than likely to fall over your slippers in the dark, that is where moms excel. When the little one starts crying not only are they able to get out of bed without falling in anything, but they are able to detect the missing paifier where ever it may be hiding and return it to the crying baby within a matter of seconds. Strangely, if they then decide to visit the bathroom or have a snack in the kitchen they will most likely walk into their nightstand on the way there.

And moms will put their little one before themselves. Even on things that are very very important to the mom.

That is pretty much all I know. The rest of the time I am just improvising as I go along and hope for the best.

So I am slightly worried now that I am now going to be a double-mom but I still haven't figured out motherhood. So I decided to compensate - big time! Yes, we've spent the last two days making a little super play corner for the child I am the mother of and the child I am going to be the daycare mother off. Pictures will definitly follow!


This is not the super play corner, but it did serve as my inspiration. Picture courtesy of NieNieDialogues.blogspot.com


For now I will sit and enjoy the sight of playful colors, sparkling lights and toys galore - and relax my tired and sore body. Those pieces of furniture sure were heavy!

And we didn't go running today

No comments: