Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas gifts

This year the better half and I wanted to make homemade christmas gifts for everyone. And no, we didn't do as well as we would have liked to. But we did manage to make some things we really liked.

For the sister of my better half: She is a boats builder in Mallorca - how cool is that by the way? I suggested a little boat mascot. The better half got excited about the idea and wanted to make her a designer boat, with waves crashing around it, Cordelia waving with one hand on the wheel and fish jumping around the boat. Not really what I had in mind. After some discussing, drafts, we ended up with this little ship, designed by my better half and created by me.



For my dad I made a simple scrapbook with pictures from our life. On each page I wrote something I was grateful for about him. I made the covers of the scrapbook myself and was quite content with the result, but also surprised at the amount of time I ended up using on the project. This is the only pictures I have of it, but I will certainly try and get some more later.


And Cordelia also did a homemade christmas gift for the little boy. She built this from scratch with her own design. The little one loves it! And the better half too cause it just looks so darn cool.


And finally for my stepbrother who loves all things Japanese and builds latex-swords, the better half made this picture for him. The text means "King of Swords" and is in Japanese. Thank you, google translator!

No comments: