Sunday, May 10, 2009

The lovely, lovely sprouts



A few days ago we tried some of the sprouts. I made a meatsauce with corn, mushrooms, carrots, zuccini, onion and our sprouts. They tasted so good, a little bit nutty and both the husband and I was excited. The little man had a hard time chewing them, but they are also kinda big and certain foods can be challenging when you only have 8 teeth to work with.

Today I decided my remaining sprouts had had its share of growing and they were transferred to the fridge where they now rest happily. The glass is ready for a new challenge - I am thinking flax seed. It would be fun with a lighter type of sprouts for salads and sandwiches.

Making lovely sprouts:

It took me 5 days to grow the sprouts to a size where I felt I could use them for something. I started out with 1 dl beans and added 4 dl of water to it. I let it stand in a transparent glas with a thin foamcloth over for 12 hours. Then I poured out the water. And after that I just poured water over the beans and drained it away though the foamcloth 6 times a day or so - or when ever I happened to be out in the kitchen. It is so simple. And that 1 dl turned into a lot!

The result:


Of other culinary experiences - I just baked a big plate of cookies. The three of us are all high on sugar and I am worrying what to do with all of these now! I am actually considering making the husband bring them to work with him tomorrow.



And finally, check Mrs Emmas blog for the latest on our projects.

No comments: