Friday, November 7, 2008

Gratefullness

So recently I have been encouraged to write three things everyday that I was grateful for. Ever tried that? You end up with some pretty interesting things, and it makes you see life in another perspective.

The other day I woke up at 6 with a very awake Samuel. I tried to ignore it for a while, after all 6 o'clock is pretty early. Finally I got up and took him out to change his diaper. And then I figured out why he had woken up so early. His diaper had leaked, so parts of his little stomach was covered in poo, and he was cold and wet. I felt like a bad, bad mother! I changed him and got him dressed in some new, dry clothes, and woke up Mike to look after him while I changed all the bedlinnen on Samuels bed. That night I wrote on my list that I was very grateful for Mike who played with Samuel while I fixed his bed, and that I was grateful for my washing machine! I like having to change my way of thinking so instead of whining over me getting up early, smelly diaper and a huge load of washing, then to be grateful for the oppertunities I have instead - like the fact that I could immediately put the bedlinnen in the washing machine and in the evening it was dry and ready for new emergencies.
I highly recommend making such a list!

I have made quite a few stuff lately, but it is gifts for my sister in law, my sister and my friends daughter, so I can't really post the pictures until
I have given it. I am actually quite excited about the gift for my sister. My husband is totally in love with it and if he could have his way I would massproduce it and we would have this item all over our house. Curious? Pictures are coming on Wednesday, my sisters birthday!

No comments: